Do not look up nor down. Look out.

Conversion Will Squander Blood 


When I was a Christian, a Christian
Told me about Christ, how to be
Saved.  I interrupted, told him who
I was.  There must be some mistake
In his eyes, a bent glow of conversion

Conversion, the sinner’s prayer
Bible study, onus and sin and
Feeling up Laurie Smith on the roof
Of the church while taillights on the 101  
Unzipped below, squandering

Squandering the Holy Spirit, prayer
Forgiveness, tithing my teen job to
Missions, for famines, for heaven
I don’t mean to be pedantic; worship
Your idols and demigods at will

His eyes rose porcelain and wide
To heaven and told me, “I’ll pray for you”
My devil’s horns rose, stabbing
Through his buffered soul, sucking
His bumptious Armegeddon blood

Blood lines are befuddling when born
Into a suit of human flesh. If you are
Ready you may open your eyes
Bring your attention fully back to earth
Do not look up nor down.  Look out

No comments:

Post a Comment