The poetics of madness

 Alice: Madness Returns Soundtrack (Full) - YouTube

Not a Grave Poem

 
Keep from me the livid quiver of uncertain poems, the poetics of madness
   their bridgewalking words
 
Not a grave poem, or set of thoughts on struggle
   with another metaphor of death
 
I cannot channel one more sad line, mine others’ pain
   whose eyes sink low on the head
 
Nor can I gouge out my own pain, summoning illusions of equanimity
   in the crying room of childhood
 
Not dismay, disgust, depression or doom, nor any other D word
   scrawled into the history of gall

Spare me, screen, from the livid quiver of uncertain poems, the poetics of madness

   their bridgewalking words
 
Mark my word. A thin slice of now--limitedly aware of itself--tunnels
   straight to its scarce root


No comments:

Post a Comment