An anti-tribute to Gawd

Tell Me Your Secrets, Gawd


Gawd, tell me the secrets that are tucked into your flowy tunic

The number of dots on a Ritz cracker and why my phone calls
Unusual people and the wretched visit knocking when I tuck in?
How too I am losing charge--charge it’s called, credit--how I owe
The more I give, and why the door slams and how television

Stole my soul, steals my sons’ souls, sits there silently, blank
Gawd, answer me this, magic beggar, destroyer Shiva, where
Do I go when I leave the house every morning with my bag
Of cures and scents to give credit and scores at the shrine?

Gawd, tell me the secrets snarled into your beard of time

Blank Gawd, how you torment the children with your shiny bells
How their prayers fail, when they lay ashake in their sheets
Apiss on so much black ink on the last pages of your firey tracts
Dear Gawd, aloof with your autoharp and choirs of deadmen

Tell me the secrets cupped snug in your many impish hands

No comments:

Post a Comment